Vegapunk is highly expected to be officially introduced during the post this arc due to the number of plot threads in Wano that revolve around it.
Personally, I’m a little skeptical about this and feel like we’ll only see him at his research facility, treating kids from Punk Hazzard. But no matter where and how, I think we’ll see him soon after Wano.
With Oda slowly but surely building his prequel to genius, I thought there would be no better time to refresh and analyze things than Wano ultimately related to Vegapunk himself.
I will also ask some potential questions that arise from these plot threads. Please read these questions and it would be great if you address some of the questions I am trying to ask here.
- Vegapunk has been commissioned by the World Government to create dragons on Punk Hazard for a reason.
- He extracted a Kaido lineage factor for his artificial version of uo-uo no mi Seiryu, whose user is now Momonosuke.
- Why did the world government order him to make more dragons?
- Is Seiryu fruit remote and special fruit since it was found in God Valley?
- Bearing in mind the above point, was there a specific reason why the World Government made Vegapunk extract the Kaido lineage factor in the first place?
- Did Vijapunk intentionally consider the Momonosuke Fruit a failure or was OCD playing there?
- How will CP0 and the World Government be after they see Momonosuke in dragon form now?
- What is the story of the dragon that Ryuma killed in the past?
- Is Oda trying to expand on the idea of the dragon as something much bigger than we expect (read the page, it’s from a magazine and gives me goosebumps).
- The numbers from Punk Hazard are about two centuries old (confirmed in their Vivre cards). Which means that they worked with the experience of scientists from the world government long ago.
- Both Vegapunk and Caesar were unsuccessful in moral experiments with gigantism.
- But it’s quite possible that just like the children’s influences from Punk Hazard will be reversed by Vegapunk, we may see him do the same to the numbers during this arc or sometime after.
- From Big Mom dreaming of having a tea party to an upcoming arc (Elbaf) you have to do everything with the Giants, it’s not too hard to see Vegapunk in the middle of this sooner or later.
- We might get a lot more about the Oni/old giants, other than that, there are really no burning questions regarding that in this arc.
- This is a big one. The SMILES concept involved Caesar’s use of the lineage factor to create the defective Zoans. Vegapunk’s ingenuity will likely allow him to replicate that with all classes of Devil Fruit now as Oda hinted at in a recent SBS.
- Just like the children of Punk Hazard, Vegapunk may be required to treat the citizens of Ebisu as well. Personally, I think this part is outside Chopper’s or Lau’s medical prowess.
- Some crazy developments are at hand with Sanji’s lineage now in the works. It’s also possible that Vegapunk made this breakthrough while working with Judge and Queen at mad. I smell we got a lot of that during Sanji’s fight.
- The SSG could be based on this, their prototype being the Kuma but now with them a large number of capabilities. An evolution big enough for two Yonko to go scavenge for ancient weapons.
- Will SSG rely on Vegapunk’s genius to use the lineage factor across all classes of Devil Fruit?
- Could Yamato be the result of Kaido’s lineage factor and not her mother?
- The bulk of this arc that Oda has kept from revealing too much is the seastone.
- It would be interesting to see how Vegapunk tampered with it and what all the things he realized about it hold the essence of the sea itself.
- He made innovations in his use of the Marines. He’ll definitely be interested in her (Wano) origins if anything
– We know that only Vegapunk can feed inanimate objects with Devil Fruits
- So how did this teapot (standing on its own balls) end up having a DF raccoon in Tenguyama’s house all over the place?
- Sentomaru who wears a Tsuna ropem really looks like someone whose origins are from Wano. Being the bodyguard of Vegapunk only makes you think. Nor is it too far fetched to believe that he will be in charge of managing the SSG, from which a unit could be sent to Wano during its end.
- What were Orochi’s actual demands when he asked for Vejapunk for himself? Where did this conversation really go after it was cut short for us?
This is all I can remember off the top of my head as far as Vegapunk and its importance to Wano goes.
When I closed, the biggest reason I could feel so involved in the story like no other was the fact that he was going to be the guy explaining how the Devil Fruit worked.
Although this is off topic, I can’t resist asking this question:
- What exactly is Oda trying to tell us with this swirling energy from the fruit that Kaku feels like Not totally out of this world? I couldn’t find a good theory on this.
Thanks for reading this!
* theory Jeroseb 95