DC Comics has released five pages of Batman No. 125.
This issue marks the beginning of a new creative team leading the title, writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Jorge Jimenez. Pages posted on the DC Comics blog show Batman handling the hostage situation and performing classic Dark Knight tactics, such as emerging from the shadows, letting criminals hang from the side of the building and more. The shocker of the pages is that Batman failed to rescue the hostages from the gunman, and that he just pulled the trigger. Someone else hired him.
- By Chip Zdarsky
- Cover art by JORGE JIMENEZ
- BELÉN ORTEGA BACKUP ART
- Assorted covers from JIM LEE, SCOTT Williams, GABRIELE DELL’OTTO, INHYUK LEE, FRANCESCO MATTINA
- Acetate variable cap by SIMONE DI MEO A
- 1:25 Variable Cover Rolled Up by JORGE JIMENEZ
- 1:50 JOCK . Assorted Cover
- 1:125 Variable Ratio Cover by ALEX GARNER
- 1: 250 Variable Covers by CHIP ZDARSKY
- 1: 500 Variable Covers by JIM LEE and SCOTT Williams
- $5.99 | 48 pages | Alternative $6.99 (card stock)
- For sale 7/5/22
- Star writer Chip Zdarsky joins forces with legendary artist Jorge Jimenez to define a new era in Batman!
- Bruce Wayne stands at a turning point, haunted by dreams of a dark future, while Gotham’s wealthy are murdered. As the involvement of the archenemy is discovered and a tragedy unfolds, the Dark Knight’s nightmares are just beginning.
- Failsafe starts here.
- And in the backup, there’s chaos in Gotham as the underworld battles over one of the Crown Jewels… and Selina Kyle is stuck in the middle. Can she stop the bloodshed and maybe make a little money in the process?
Zdarsky will take over Batman Title from writer Joshua Williamson after the end of Williamson’s “Shadow Wars” event, a cross between BatmanAnd Robin And Deathstroke Company Many fans are excited to meet Zdarsky on The Dark Knight, since he’s already a hit reckless Run at Marvel Comics with artist Marco Checchetto, who was nominated for Best Continuing Series at the 2021 Eisner Awards. Meanwhile, Jiménez is already a fan-favorite artist at DC Comics, returning to Batman After a hiatus following writer James Tynion IV’s departure from the title following the “State of Fear” event.
Jiménez and Zdarsky will begin their first arc with the introduction of a new Caped Crusader villain, Failsafe. According to the writer, the villain will be Bruce Wayne’s doomsday, referring to the brutal villain who killed Superman during the “Death of Superman” story from the 1990s. Zdarsky previously said, “When DC approached me to write BatmanI immediately thought about the things that could really challenge the character mentally, physically and in terms of their relationships,” and he went on to say that he was “really excited about the place.” [he] can take the title.”
Therefore, it is possible that the gunman in the preview is already working with Failsafe. The villain represents another deviation from the typical rogue exposition of Batman in the comics. In recent years, instead of focusing only on classic villains like Joker, Penguin, Riddler, and more, the list has expanded with the addition of characters like Punchline, Peacekeeper-01, Abyss, and others. Batman also has new allies now, such as Ghost-Maker, who leads Batman Inc.
Batman #125 Written by Zdarsky with interior and main cover art by Jiménez, colors by Tomeu Morey and letters by VC Clayton Cowles. Contrasted covers for the release have been provided by Zdarsky, Jiménez, Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Alex Sinclair, Alex Garner, Francesco Mattina, Gabriele Dell’Otto, Jock, In-Hyuk Lee and Simone Di Meo. The version will go on sale July 5 from DC Comics.
source: DC Comics
About the author